Self defense

Jiu-Jitsu means the gentle art. The primary goal of jiu-jitsu has always been self-defense. Unlike many other martial arts, BJJ has always maintained this self-defense aspect using techniques perfected over the past centuries. These techniques are based on biomechanics and not strength, hence the gentle art. As a BJJ practitioner learns more he will lean more on his techniques and less on strength. Because of this, BJJ is a martial art suitable for everyone. This focus on technique, makes Jiu-Jitsu a martial art that is suitable to practice at an older age

At Partisla we practice Jiu-Jitsu accordance to the European Jiu-Jitsu Association (EGJJF). The sporting aspect of Jiu-jitsu today represents only 30% of the authentic Jiu-Jitsu. The other 70%, self-defense part, includes standing up self-defense, kicking, punching, clinching and the famous vale-tudo guard. Most successful MMA fighters today rely on Jiu-Jitsu techniques to defeat their opponents. And this has a good reason, the techniques of Jiu-Jitsu, especially the ground fighting-techniques, are the most effective techniques in an MMA(see the old UFC-matches of the Gracie family).

Deel dit via